Our six-step process ensures we find great quality candidates for your business every time.
Making a new hire can be time consuming and expensive. When you’ve invested so much into the process, it’s natural that you’re going to want to get it right.
A common complaint among many of our clients is that they simply don’t have the time or expertise to sift through hundreds of CVs, vet candidates and assess whether or not someone is going to fit in with the demands of the business.
In order to ensure we get this right, here at Alpha we have a 6-step recruitment process which helps us to identify successful hires time and time again.
Step 1) The brief
The first step of the recruitment process is gathering as much information as possible from you. This enables us to find the best candidates for your business, both professionally and culturally.
The more detailed your job spec, the more likely we are to identify potential employees who will thrive in their role and stay loyal to your business. We recommend including:
- A clear job title (keep it simple because complicated job titles confuse people and don’t get searched for)
- Skills and qualifications required
- What their daily tasks will be
- A bit about the company, the culture and why it’s a great place to work
- Benefits (such as bonus, flexible working, social events)
If you need help writing your job specification, let us know and we can help.
Step 2) Sourcing candidates
Through a combination of advertising, referrals, networking and searching through the database of candidates we already have, we will source the most appropriate candidates for the role.
Step 3) Vetting
Once we’ve drawn up a list of potential hires, we go through each CV in great detail. We analyse their skills and qualifications to ensure they meet your requirements.
Step 4) Telephone interview
If we think a candidate sounds great from their CV, we’ll give them a call and have a quick chat. This enables us to get a feel for what they’re like as a person and whether we think they’ll be a good fit for your organisation or not.
Step 5) Face-to-face interview
We believe in the value of face-to-face meetings so we’ll arrange to meet any candidates before putting them forward. This allows us to determine a number of important factors including:
- How a person communicates
- What their body language is
- How their personality comes across. This is obviously very difficult to do on a professional document like a CV so it’s important to get to know the candidate as a person
- If their CV matches up with what they’re saying
- If they’re the right cultural fit
Step 6) The introduction
If a candidate’s CV looks great and they’ve interviewed well with us, we’ll pass their CV on to you. Because we will have already conducted a thorough vetting process, you can be confident in the knowledge that we’ll only ever present you with high quality candidates.
If you would like Alpha to help you with your next hire, please get in touch and we’ll be more than happy to help.